Sunday, December 30, 2007

2007

The past couple of days I've been thinking about this year and everything that I have done and learned and I figured I'd make a list. These are in no order and I'm sure I'll leave something out but here goes.

1. New Places
- San Antonio
- NYC
- Walden Pond
- Corbin, KY
- Burlington, VT
- New River Gorge
- Roanoke, VA
- Hampton Roads area (been there before but when I was a lot younger)

2. Experiences
- Went on some blind dates
- Climbed NC's Stone Mountain
- Attended Emily's graduation
- Closed three deals creating 124 units of affordable housing and 3,000 sf of commercial space
- Spoke at a conference for the first time
- Drove across the Linn Cove Viaduct, saw some early season snow, and basked in the sunlight filtered by the golden leaves
- Saw the Temptations in Raleigh
- Saw the Charlotte Symphony
- Went to a bunch of Tech football games and spent too much money doing so, but it was well worth it
- Attended by second bowl game, the Gator Bowl
- Asked and accepted to be the best man in Mark's wedding
- Served as pall bearer for my Great Uncle Bob
- Sang Christmas carols at the nursing home over Thanksgiving with the extended family
- Went camping with Katie, Jac, Ben, and GJ at the OBX
- Lost my golfing buddies to the Pacific Northwest
- Had free courtside seats at the womens' ACC bball tournament thanks to the alumni association
- Organized the second annual work golf tournament with increased attendance and prizes
- Learned a lot at work
- Played my second season of First Presbyterian softball and now have a scar to show for sliding into second while wearing shorts
- Sold my 1995 Explorer and bought my first car the 2002 Envoy

3. Lessons Learned
- Keep asking questions until the task is completed.
- Dating is complicated and having friends for advisors is great, but I don't think anyone knows what you're supposed to do.
- I don't agree with this one, but apparently one isn't supposed to show much you like someone early on in the dating game.
- Entertaining oneself is a good skill to have
- Sometimes you just have to get away (not really a new lesson but a good one to remember)
- Women are confusing
- It's ok to tell somebody that's older what to do
- Trust is earned in the business world

4. Resolutions Accomplished
- Started flossing regularly!
- Exercised more often, but not consistently

5. 2008 Resolutions
- Exercise and eat better with the goal of getting buff by June so that all the ladies at Mark and Megan's wedding wonder who that buff best man is.
- Be more outgoing
- Make some friends in Raleigh
- Use my continuing education money from work
- Keep learning at work
- Visit more new places

No comments: