Saturday, March 01, 2008

What's Up in Oxville?

The past couple of weeks have been pretty busy at work and as much as I hate to say it I've been a little stressed. Luckily it looks like things are getting worked out on a couple of projects and we'll be able to move forward. Thanks to a creative coworker I have some new artwork depicting me trying to save a deal. The kicker which was pretty dang funny was that he stuck the drawings up on my window as I was on a conference call for the project.

The project goes up in flames...


or I go to jail.


Today I ventured up to Blue Jay Point County Park on Falls Lake for some communing with nature. I parked at the park and hit the section of Falls Lake Trail that traverses the park. The parking area is in the middle of the trail so I headed north until the trail hit Six Forks at Upper Barton Creek then turned around and headed south to the other end at Lower Barton Creek. The one way distance is 3.1 miles so I guess I did somewhere around 6.2 miles plus a few sidetrail jaunts. Falls Lake is about 8 feet below full pool which revealed a grounded boat and penisulas that used to be islands. It's prime exploring country and I think I'll take a trip back up there soon.

I didn't take many pics, but they can be found here.

No comments: