Sunday, July 27, 2008

Picking Fruit

Finally...a bountiful harvest! I finally had more than one tomato to pick this morning! Five of my small grape tomatoes were ready for picking this morning and should be great on my salad-in-a-bag salad tonight. It's really cool to be able to grow some things, but it's also disappointing that they aren't producing as much as I think they should. I water all of them regularly, but I think it's the lack of sunlight that's hurting them. Thanks to the evergrowing trees next to my balcony they only get a couple of hours of direct sunlight in the afternoons. I guess each growing season I'll learn new tricks and will hopefully grow a green thumb as I try more things.

Click here to see my photos in chronological order, like a scrap book for my plants: Porch Garden 2008

No comments: