Monday, December 05, 2005

Deck the halls with boughs of horry

Tonight was the annual office holiday party. I was dreading the event tonight since the weather is terrible (36 degrees and raining) and I haven't been feeling well all day but it turned out to be a good time. The party was at Café Tiramisu, an Italian restaurant in a strip mall on Falls of the Neuse. I've never really understood the principle behind good/fancy restaurants in a strip mall but I guess that's what happens when there really isn't a good downtown area and regardless the food was good. When I walked in I was greeted by two co-workers who presented me with drink tickets and a door prize game similar to white elephant gift game. I ended up with a $20 gift card to Home Depot which should come in handy buying Christmas presents! Dinner started with lobster bisque, followed by salad, then my main course which was pork loin chop stuffed with prosciutto, provolone, mozzarella and fontina; lightly breaded and panfried. Finally dinner concluded with tiramisu which I'd never had but it was really good. I'm now sitting on my couch writing this and an entirely too full stomach. The evening was a lot of fun and I only got asked where my date was twice. Unfortunately nobody did the Elaine dance.

Elaine from Seinfeld dance

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't understand why people think you are supposed to have a date to fancy parties. They wanted to make the christmas party at north ave into a date night. I guess I will always have someone for a date now but that bugs me that for some reason that is expected. I probably would have had more fun at some of my fancy dances if I didn't have a date. Oh well me and cutlure aren't tight what can I say.
Jacs