Sunday, June 26, 2005

Weekend

Went to Charlotte on Friday for Katie and Joel's wedding which was on Saturday. Friday night I checked into my nice $35/night second floor room at the Courtyard in South Park. Saturday morning brought the wedding at 11:30 at Covenant Presbyterian Church on East Morehead St. The church is beautiful and has awesome, large stained glass windows. The wedding went off without a hitch and then we all went to the reception at the Morehead Inn. I think everyone had a great time at the reception eating good food, catching up with old friends, and gettin' jiggy wit it (or at least trying to). After the wedding I went back to the hotel and changed clothes and then drove around uptown and the south end looking at all of the new building going on. Charlotte has some impressive infill projects that are inspiring for my future endeavors. For dinner I got takeout from Moe's on East Blvd and as I was leaving I saw Sarah, Carter, and another guy walking to Outback. I woke up this morning and watched the implosion of the old convention center in Uptown on tv. I then drove through downtown Greenville on the way home on the urging of dad and Susanna, and it was worth the side trip. Downtown Greenville, while not as big as CLT, has a lot going on as well. Main Street is beautifully tree lined and at the end is a great park with a water fall right in the middle of town. After Greenville I head back down 85 and stopped at the Greasy V and had lunch in the Explorer at the drive up.

Go here to see pics from this weekend on my moblog.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

The other guy was our friend Kent, also from GT. I didn't realize you didn't know him -- I would've introduced you! Kent was Katie's junior year prom date. :)

Paul said...

More accurately, the wedding went off *with* a hitch :-p