Monday, June 11, 2007

Going Places and Doing Things

There was a lot packed into last week. I returned to work after a few days in Massachusetts to a big, big pile of e-mails and work. I won't go into the gory details of the work week but suffice it to say I was the most stressed I've ever been in my life. Normally I don't get too stressed over things I can't control but when people outside of the company aren't doing what they're supposed to be doing which then reflects badly on me and the company and has the potential to kill a deal it started getting to me. It was on crisis after another and I could feel physical reactions from my body coming off the high of trying to get something solved. Even with all of the issues +I did close my third deal on Wednesday! It's $2.7 miilion equity investment in a 78 unit apartment community being rehabbed in Corbin, Kentucky.

Friday was a much needed day of little work. In the morning, a coworker and I went to a local golf store that was having a megasale to purchase prizes for our company golf tournament coming up at the end of the month. We bought 10 different clubs (4 hybrids, 4 60 degree wedges, a driver, and a putter), a couple of hats, some nice balls, two coolers, and a windshirt for $1,141 saving over $500 off retail! We even came in under my budget of $1,300.

Friday afternoon was the annual office bowling tournament. I ended up scoring the second highest with a whopping 143 beating my boss by 1 point! I also had the highest speed bowl with 22.45 mph! I won a $40 gift card for my score and two $20 gift cards to Frankie's Fun Park for the fastest roll. No need to slow my roll on Friday! (I just wanted to say "slow my roll")

Saturday dad and I met at my sister's new apartment in Charlotte to move her new bed and two couches she bought at Ikea. It was blazing hot but a nice, sunny day in Uptown Charlotte. I'm really jealous of her intown location. She's going to have a great time. Sunday Emily arrived after attending a wedding on Saturday and we finished putting together and arranging her furniture.

It was a busy week but it's time to get going again. Thankfully I think the late work nights are over for the time being!

No comments: