Sunday, June 17, 2007

Improvement

During the summer we can take Friday afternoon off if we've made up the hours earlier in the week. Well I have plenty of hours from the last couple of weeks so I took Friday afternoon off and hit the golf course. I wanted to play on the course where we are having our tournament in two weeks but it was $68 which made me say "bump that" and I headed to Brevofield for a $27 round. I played the first nine holes by myself and then a coworker joined me at the turn.

I think I've found my swing! I shot 103 which isn't good but it's my best ever by 5 strokes. I could have easily broken 100 if I hadn't blown up on a hole and shot a 10. It was very nice to see the ball fly perfectly straight multiple times. While I did have a few errant shots like normal they were reduced and also able to be managed with improvement in the next shot to recover. I'm hoping that it wasn't a one time thing as everything felt in sync. I almost didn't watch any of the Open yesterday or read any of my new golf digest for fear of messing something up, but I watched and read anyway :). Golf is an amazing game of highs and lows and internal competition. It's a mental test requiring emotional control. I love it...well most of the time.

In other news, I had a blind date on Wednesday set up by a coworker. It was pleasant and a good experience but I don't think there's anything there. I was hesitant going in but I'm glad I stepped out there and tried something new.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Wow great score! Maybe your golf partners were holding you back... haha just kidding.