Monday, August 13, 2007

Weekend

After a blisteringly hot week the weekend was a nice respite from the heat. Saturday I went to the Allman Brothers Band concert at Walnut Creek with Tech Emily and her high school friends. It was my first amphitheatre in quite some time and while the crowd was large it wasn't sold out by any means which made for a pleasant experience. I recognized two songs from the evening, Statesboro Blues and Melissa and grooved along with the neverending jams. As with similar bands, the crowd at the concert was an interesting collection of people. There were old hippies, new hippies, yuppies, the country folks, the diehard fans, frat boys, prep necks, and however I'm classified and they are all normal in their own way. It's pretty cool how music brings such diverse groups of people together. The two opening bands were JJ Grey and Mofro and the Drive by Truckes. JJG&MoFro blew the Drive by Truckers out of the water and the rest of the group agreed. Speaking of the group, they were pretty cool folks and welcomed me with open arms.

Sunday I went to church, test drove the Explorer with a couple that I'll hopefully hear from today if they're going to buy it, and Sears finally delivered my washing machine after the first one was broken.

No comments: