Sunday, November 13, 2005

"...And the weather's perfect No tellin' what I might catch today..." - Brad Paisley

Today I went fishing on Falls Lake north of Raleigh with my boss. He picked me up around 8 and we were on the water by 8:30 and fished until about 4. Yes folks, that's almost 8 hours of fishing. The weather today was beautiful; however, the fishing left something to be desired. I think most of the fishing issues have to do with the lake being so far below full pool, probably at least 7-10' which means according to the news that Raleigh only has 74 days of water supply remaining. Anyway, I caught the first fish of the day on a chartreuse spinner bait on my new bait casting rod and real I bought yesterday. My fish was about 15" and was a decent sized bass though nothing really to write home about (though I am writing about it here). Chuck caught the second fish of the day on a small crankbait. And that was it for the catching. Chuck had a decent sized largemouth attack his spinnerbait about 2' from the boat and that about startled him into the water, unfortunately the fish wasn't hooked well and got off. All it was a lot of fun, especially getting to fish in a real bass boat for the first time. Here are some camera phone and digital camera pics from today.

The boat ramp, notice how low the water level is. Chuck said usually the water is up to the third pontoon from the parking lot.
Launch ramp







My fish
My fish

Chuck examining his fish
Chuck and fish



No comments: