Saturday, November 12, 2005

Saturday night ponderings from my couch

There it is. A black metal box trimmed in brass sitting in the wall. The consistent blue and orange triangles hiss against the cementaceous logs. An energy emenates from the rectanglur orifice sending into the beige room heat, light, and a sense of something else. Something else that takes you to another place, remembering experiences past. Something else that provides sustenance. And something else that entices thoughts of longing and desire. A communal element, fire should be shared. Its utilitarian nature no longer necessary it has been harnessed for pleasure and aesthetics.

I guess my attempt at something profound or even poetic, if it can be called that, is my way of saying that having a fireplace makes me want to have someone to share and enjoy it with.

No comments: