Thursday, November 03, 2005

Downtown

Today I went on my first site visit for work. We went to "bustling" downtown Weldon, NC where we are providing equity for two downtown buildings for affordable housing. It's a neat adaptive reuse of two large underutilized buildings in town that otherwise wouldn't have had the buildings rehabed. Thanks to the low income housing tax credit and historic rehabilitation tax credits the buildings will see a new life and probably 15 families will have great places to live. Greg and I took the back roads and it was an absolutely beautiful day and the leaves are finally changing colors, the red, orange, and yellow leaves popped from the clear blue fall sky. Below are a few pics I took of the buildings.















1 comment:

Melissa said...

that looks like fun :-) if you need a project manager let me know 0:)