Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Solving the puzzle

Thinking through a problem and then working it out is a pretty good feeling. Last night at work I had to work on a investment schedule for a potential investor in some historic tax credits but the preliminary model didn't match what I had to output so I had to trace another monster spreadsheet (probably at least 50 tabs) and figure out how the numbers were calculating to make them work with my numbers. Not really all that impressive but after an hour and a half of working on it it felt good to figure out what I needed to do and got it to work. Now I'll find out if it's right today.

In other news, Sunday was the one year anniversary of me having my Explorer and I've put a little over 18,000 miles on in it. How did I put so many miles on it in a year? The first trip driving it back from Indianpolis to Chapel Hill, round trip to Orlando for the Champs Sports Bowl, many many trips between Carrollton and the Triangle, a couple of trips to the Outer Banks, and just regular driving around. This past year was definitely a record for driving. I just wish I could roll the Tan Van over 200k miles before it gets sold, whenver that happens. It only lacks about 1,500 miles.



3 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow. In my first year with my Xterra I only put 9000 miles on it. It was downright embarassing. It means I either 1) don't drive enough or 2) my destinations are too far away to drive to! Hoping to finish year 2 with at least more than 18,000...

Melissa said...

I've put over 4,000 miles on my truck since I got it in may...and I lived and worked in downtown this summer. Apparently I drive around a lot.

Katie said...

In <6 months I have put about 7,000 miles on the truck. It is a long way from Seattle to NC.