Monday, January 29, 2007

Ohhhhhh....Go Jackets!!!! Sting 'Em!!! Buzzzzzz!!!

Tomorrow night Joel and I will be sitting behind the bench at the Tech vs. Wake game in Winston-Salem thanks to a generous alum in the Triangle Tech Club. I've never been that close to the bench so I'm kind of nervous to be on my best behavior and not get frustrated with the way the team is playing or when CPH calls a time out half a second after we make a basket and look like we're starting a run. I asked the guy tonight at our officers' meeting and he said just yell a lot and be supportive. I think I can handle that.

Another bonus of tonight's meeting, Coach Chan Gailey will be speaking at the Triangle GT Club on Tuesday April 17. You should come!

In other semi-Tech news, I got some awesome shorts today at Belk at Crabtree. They cost a lot more than I'd normally pay for shorts since they are Polo and had just been stocked but they are awesome! Here are a couple of pics.



Notice the bee-type creatures. The cool thing is that they aren't all the same.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

lol...those bee shorts are awesome :-)

Jacs said...

You know I always thought I would want to be an Entrepreneur but I think it's stupid when you are at sporting event and you have to be on your best behavior. It's not like you go to the games and get drunk and fight with the people around you. I've never seen you do anything that you would need to control. So if you feel you need to watch yourself...I'm glad I'm not in your shoes. And you buying fun shorts is like me buying fun pajama pants. You could totally wear those to paint pottery in. They would let them pass for pjs =D
Jacs

Brian said...

I'm not sure I follow your entrepreneur comment. We were loud and proud last night. I was thinking we were going to be right behind the bench like the seats at UNC or at Duke where you're literally getting sweat on you when the players come back but at Wake there aren't seats there. We were probably 10' or so from the players so I yelled a lot.

I wouldn't get drunk or in a fight, I just wouldn't want to make a fool of myself and yell something completely dumb like the wrong strategy or to interfere with the coaching.

That said, those seats were awesome!

Jacs said...

Ah ok now I understand your comment about being on your best behavior. I didn't realize it was too not interfere. I think if you don't want to go to Snowshoe we are going to go to Pittsburgh and go to one of those slopes. Ah snow skiing.