Thursday, January 04, 2007

Happy New Year! (Updated)

It's taken more than three days for me to post my first entry of 2007 but my deliquency comes with good reason, I was in Jacksonville for the Gator Bowl! I drove down on Saturday along with every New Yorker and citizen of Ontario and endured too much traffic arriving around 8:00. On the positive side I made excellent use of my new XM SkyFi2 satelite radio I got for Christmas. I've come to the conclusion that XM is definitely worth it and is wonderful invention. Here are a couple of pictures of the installation my dad and I did in my Explorer.







After arrival I hung out until the Schlieper caravan arrived and then hit up the local IHOP for some late night eats. Sunday was a beautiful, but hot (81 degrees) day, and we headed downtown before lunch to take in the bowl game events. Upon my arrival I quickly realized I was in the minority as a Tech fan. It's not often I'm in the minority and it's an interesting feeling and there's not much you can do about other than represent your group as best as possible.

Sunday afternoon featured the longest parade ever which lasted a whopping two hours. The coolest floats were big pirate ships with cannons which fired very loudly. After the parade we all headed back to The Landing for the Tech pep rally and we finally saw a bunch of Tech fans. Post pep rally we headed back to the motel for a few hours and had dinner and then headed back downtown for the New Year's fireworks which were great.

Monday was game day and the actuall game was a huge improvement over the last few games we've played. Even though we lost I was not depressed like after the ACC Championship game and am really looking forward to next season. The future is bright!

Here are some camera phone pics from the weekend:
Camera Phone Photos

Here are some phone videos as well of the weekend's festivities.

New Year's Fireworks from The Landing


Fireworks Finale


Tech Band Playing "Ramblin' Wreck" at the Pep Rally


Tech Band Playing "Budweiser" at the Pep Rally (the video is jerky because I'm bobbing up and down but you probably figured that if you're a Tech fan)


Pregame view from my seat in Section 115 Row E Seat 1


Buzz doing 35 push ups after our last touchdown

1 comment:

Jacs said...

Hey what do you listen to on that satelite radio? Could it be Gospel music?

Jacs