Friday, May 18, 2007

Argh

I really don't like losing. At softball last night we were up 6-2 going into the the top of the 7th and we were the home team. As predicted by the jokster infield umpire we collapsed. ARGH. So frustrating. I played pretty well at first fielding a couple of hard, skipping grounders including knocking one down with my chin. Hitting on the other hand wasn't so great. The other team had a pretty good pitcher who threw everything inside with some funky spin. I should have backed off the plate after I figured that out but whatever. I went 0-3. First hit was to short and was beat by half a step, second shot was a deep hit that felt great to left but was caught. My third AB was a fielders choice but was the third out. After the collapse we ended up losing by 8-6. Two losses this week...not good. I still had fun though.

1 comment:

Jacs said...

Wait wait lets talk about the Pirates. I went to a Norfolk Tides game tonight and we were watching the scores. 2nd inning Pirates up 7-1. And then the 9th inning...Diamondsbacks for the win 9-8. That's worse than your 8-6.

Ah Baseball so unpredictible. Don't worry the Tides won 10-4.

Jacs