Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Where Have I Been?

It's been a busy few days. Friday I went to the DCRP graduation to see Katie and Joel off into to the wicky wicky wild wicky wild wild west. After graduation I went with their family to dinner at The Weathervane at A Southern Season. It was pretty good but the service left something to be desired, but the best was the atmosphere. We sat on the patio on a beautiful evening and had a great time. After I left dinner, I got stuck in traffic on I-40 between 54 and the Southpoint exit due to re-paving of the sorry road expansion completed a year or so ago. It was rediculous with only one out of three lanes open. It took me a whopping 1.5 hours to go 4 miles. ARGH. I think it wouldn't have been as bad if people would have just stayed in the open lane instead of zooming ahead and creating a bottle neck trying to merge. An IE out there needs to research the efficiency of that.

Saturday was a fun day. Andrew S. flew up from Orlando on a $50 RT ticket on Southwest for the day. We went to the Tech vs. UNC baseball game in Chapel Hill. Unfortunately we only saw 2 innings as the umpires postponned the game due to lightening. Since we were rained out I gave Andrew a tour of campus and Chapel Hill. I even subjected him to a tour of Meadowmont, a semi-new urbanist development. He lives in Celebration, FL so he was somewhat interested.

After dropping Andrew off I headed to Elon to spend Mother's Day with the G-units.

Yesterday, I moved into Johan's old office and now have a little bigger digs. The downside is that the new office is warmer than my old office. After work I went suit shopping in hopes of getting something new to wear to Meagan and Eric's wedding. As I anticipated I left empty handed. My shoulders are too buff, my arms are too long, and I'm not fat enough. I'm not giving up yet but it's incredibly frustrating to find clothes that fit.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Those are the same problems I have finding shirts!! The arms are never long enough, stupid short people.

Sarah said...

I think my aunt lives in Meadowmont.

Brian said...

Yeah she does; we talked about it at graduation.