Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Fun times

I've been a blogging slacker, but it's because I'm having fun! The trip to OBX with Katie, Jac, Ben, and GJ was a ton of fun and a great respite from a stressful week at work and prep for more long days this week. Unfortunately I didn't catch any fish but I had fun driving on the beach and not getting stuck (other than having to attempt the dune crossing several times)! Also I finally got to climb the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse and it was a great view as expected.

Supposedly I won our mini golf competition but after a quick glance at the score card I think I may have put a score or two in the wrong column. Based on this unaudited assesment I'll do a more thorough accounting of the score for the crowning of the proper champion.

It was good we hit the road when we did on Sunday after getting soaked at night and the winds picked up. According to weather reports it's been brutal on the OBX since Sunday. Here's an N&O article and photos of the weather and natural sandblaster: "Rough Storm Whips Coast".

Here a few pics, the rest can be viewed here: OBX Camping Gallery

Oh yeah!



Flying down the original flight path at the Wright Bros. Memorial



Wright Bros. Memorial

1 comment:

Jacs said...

Yeah and they closed part of NC-12 later on Sunday too. Probably because that bridge rated with a 4 was scary so =P

Jacs