Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Road Tripper

Yesterday I headed west to Corbin, KY to visit an apartment complex for which I'm underwriting the equity for an acquisition and rehab. It was an absolutely beautiful day to drive through the mountains and definitely made the seven hour drive worthwhile. Another plus was that I had a Toyota Highlander rental which was a great driving vehicle. While in Corbin I visited the KFC museum (not worth the trip) but figured I'd see the main tourist attraction while I was in town. I finished my site visit around 5:00 so I hit the road and made it Morganton, NC which is about 3.5 hrs west of Raleigh. I think I could have drive to Raleigh but it was already 9:30 and the first yawn and the subsequent onset yawns had started so I stopped for the night. This morning I drove downtown to see the mill rehab we financed and it looks great. Morganton would be a neat small town to live in if there were some jobs. The downtown has undergone a complete rehab and looks great.

In other news, softball tonight was great! We won 15-4! I went 3-3 with a triple, single, and a double. One more at bat and I could have hit for the cycle. It feels good to be able to contribute to the team.

The original KFC





Mountain View on I-40



Col. Sanders head

No comments: