Monday, October 01, 2007

Travelin'

Last Wednesday through Friday I was in Vermont for a conference and had a great time. I learned a little, met some new folks, visited a new state, ate good food, drank some good drinks, and generally had a good time. Traveling for work isn't really like work. Yeah you have to do stuff, but the change of scenary breaks up the everyday office dwelling. Unfortunately the leaves hadn't really started changing yet, but there were the scattered early trees that made me want to go back in a week or so to see the full glory. Burlington is a great small city/college town on the shores of Lake Champlain and at the base of the Green Mountains, ideally situated for outdoor persuits.

Thursday night we had an event at Shelburne Farms which was originally owned by members of the Vanderbilt family and designed by Frederick Law Olmstead. We gathered in the Coach Barn, a beautifully detailed brick structure for a reception, dinner, and an evening of hilarious comedy with Rusty Dewees aka The Logger. Also, in the world of coincidences, when I got back and was reading the NY Times online there was an article about the farm. I want to go back.

In other news, Tech beat Clemson on Saturday!

New States Visited Map (Yes I need to go out west)


create your own personalized map of the USA

1 comment:

Jacs said...

That surprises me you haven't been to Cali. I'm going to hit Nevada soon.

Jacs