Monday, February 11, 2008

Adventures

Encouraged by the beautiful weather Ben and I headed to Merchants Mill Pond State Park in Gatesville, NC (aka middle of nowhere) for a first attempt a canoe camping. We successfully navigated the cyprus trees and made it to the campsite and then headed out for more paddleing around the lake/swamp.

Sunday I drove down to Little Washington and visited my grandmother's homestead in Chocowinity. Unfortunately time and distance has led to the barns and house becoming overgrown with trees and vines, but it's nice they still own the farm and are able to rent the fields to pay the taxes. On the way to the farm I stopped in Ahoskie to see the finished product of the first project I worked on after I started working. I didn't close the deal, but did a lot of the modeling and helped with report writing. It's turned into a great rehab of a school and popular affordable housing community for seniors.

After visiting the farm it was time to head west and make the obligatory stop at Parker's BBQ in Wilson. That's some good stuff and they have crushed ice!

Here are some pics from the weekend:

Album 1
Album 2



1 comment:

ben said...

I even got some sun!