Monday, January 09, 2006

From the South to the North

My department at work had a whopping four hour meeting on Friday to discuss this year's schedule and business plan. As a result of the meeting I now have a "territory" which means I'm supposed to keep up with what's going affordable housingwise in Georgia(!), Virginia, and Maryland. I'm headed to Atlanta for the 2006 Annual Application Workshop at the Galleria in early February so hopefully I'll get bold and be able to do cold introductions to developers to get some business. I'm getting better about talking to random people but it really helps to have some kind of in so I'll definitely be doing some homework before I head down.

In other news, I have been invited to speak on a real estate career panel by UNC Career Services. It's pretty cool to be asked, probably because I filled out the exit survey after I got my job, but I don't know if I'm experienced enough to contribute but the Career Services guy says he wants a recent grad's perspective so I guess I fit that bill. Our intern, who is a 2nd year planning student, said she was planning on attending but thought it was funny that I was going to be speaking. I told her I'd just defer internship questions to her. It'll be interesting.

No comments: