Sunday, January 01, 2006

Yes ma'am

Happy New Year!

I heard a story on NPR's Weekend America this afternoon about a Lakota tradition called Winter Counts that marked the winter solstice and the end of the year by a single simple drawing representing what happened during the year. While I'm not much of an artist, I got inspired to do a recap of the year since it was a relatively big one in my life.

In chronological order here are some of this year's high and lowlights:

  • First girlfriend
  • First kiss
  • Started drinking (still haven't been drunk and don't see that happening anytime soon)
  • Completed the real estate workshop project in Charlotte
  • Finished my pathetic masters project
  • Interviews for my first year job and subsequent rejection because they wanted "somebody more entry level"
  • Graduated from UNC!
  • First breakup, cue Neil Sedaka Breaking up is Hard to Do
  • Actually used the four wheel drive in my Explorer to venture onto the sands of the Outer Banks beaches and didn't get stuck
  • More interviews and rejections
  • Hung around Carrollton
  • Road trip with Josh to help chaperone the CPC youth group at Montreat
  • Did some part time work for my dad
  • Went to Katie and Joel's wedding
  • Granddaddy had prostate surgery
  • Got a great job!
  • Moved to Raleigh
  • Started reading for fun
  • Went to Charleston, SC for my first business trip/conference
  • Went to Ft. Lauderdale with my boss to represent the company at a conference and first time on a yacht (or as Tom called them Big Boats)
  • First time working longer than 10 weeks
  • Represented the company on my own at a function in Atlanta
  • Mom was in the hospital with a bad virus but got better
  • First time having my own Christmas decorations
  • First time not having most of December off at home
  • First New Year's Eve party at my boss' house and getting invited to another party because I say yes and no ma'am.

No comments: