Thursday, January 26, 2006

On the road again

I am roadtripping with Emily to Boston this weekend to move her into her dorm at Wellesley. Yes, she did decide to go back to Wellesley. I'm taking tomorrow afternoon off so we're leaving around 1 and plan on driving to DC to do a little sightseeing around dinner time. We'll probably get a hotel somewhere between DC and Baltimore and on Saturday we'll drive the rest of the way into Yankeeland. I'm hoping to see some snow, but the way the weather has been all over the country I'm not too hopeful. Other than getting to take a road trip and hang out with Emily I'll also get to shoot some photos with my new camera that Sarah and Bill advised me on and I'll be able to add some states to my visited states map. The one negative is that I'm flying Airtran back since it was way cheaper than other airlines, unfortunately that means I'm flying from Boston to Atlanta and then to Raleigh. Anyone have a parachute that they want to let me borrow?

3 comments:

Katie said...

It's too late now, but driving in D.C. at dinner time/rush hour is a bad idea. Traffic there suuuuucks.

Brian said...

Everyone warned Emily and me that it would be bad but it actually wasn't really worse than ATL going into the city. Leaving the city, heading south, the traffic was backed up but was still flowing. We got in a little slow stuff right before downtown but that wasn't bad either. I guess we got lucky.

Anonymous said...

No you're right it isn't any worse than atl and moves faster. I still haven't mastered being comfortable in DC though. So I will probably leave for norfolk on thursday so I don't hit rush hour there.
Jacs