Sunday, January 22, 2006

Shrimp Part Dos

After having left over pizza for dinner last night I returned to the shrimp since I had some left. The beurre blanc essentially turned into butter in the refrigarator so I had to melt it in the microwave. It lost it's creamy consistency but still tasted the same. I didn't burn the toasted almonds this time and I actually got the pan flip to work! I think it worked this time because I didn't have as many almonds in the pan. Tonight I added brown rice to the mix and it was an excellent combination just as the recipe suggested. The beurre blanc over the rice and shrimp was great. I also had steamed green beans again tonight. Next time I make the beurre blanc in addition to less butter I'll probably also cut down on the shallots and maybe kick up the salt and pepper. It was a good but a little too oniony.

It really is satisfying having something turn out great. I definitely know why Emeril says "Bam!" when he gets it right.

Here's another bad camera phone pic of tonight's meal.

Shrimp Part Dos

1 comment:

Katie said...

have fun being on the panel tomorrow - dcrp listserv got an email about it today. :)