Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Down on the farm

Today was the annual work trip to the NC State Fair organized by the fun committee (the State Fair is a big deal up here). Only 8 people went this year but it was a good group to hang out with. I'm not much for the rides or money pit games, instead I enjoy checking out the monster vegetables and animals. This year I split off with three ladies and hit up the cultural attractions including some arts and crafts displays, a lumberjack exhibition, the garden show, and the antique farm equipment display as well as the blue ribbon pumpkins. In addition to viewing fairthings I participated in the fried food tradition as well and tried the new deep fried Coke. Yes, deep fried Coke. It's basically a funnel cake made with Coke in the batter instead of water and served in a Coke cup with whipped cream, a cherry, and a couple of squirts of Coke syrup. It was actually pretty good but for $4 I'd rather buy a funnel cake and get more fried dough.

Here are some pics and the accompanying gallery is here: 2006 Work Trip to the Fair



The biggest pumpkin in the land all 664 lbs of it. The same guy also grew the biggest watermelon that weighs 150 lbs

1 comment:

Jacs said...

You know I may have my RDO's when I don't have to go ship checking but you have a lot of fun days. I want my RDO's to be fun days with my coworkers. We were going to go to Bush Gardens one day but it rained.
Jacs