Monday, October 23, 2006

Weekend Update

Saturday was another beautiful weekend day spent with friends. The Chalmers and I played golf at Brevofield in Wake Forest and had a pretty good time and finished up our round just after sunset in the dark. Joel shot his best ever at 103 and I got back on track with a 115 and Katie picked up about 10 strokes to shoot a 126. Overall a pretty good round of golf on a perfect Saturday afternoon. Since the Tech vs. Clemson game kicked off at 7:45 and it was 7 when we got back to my apartment we set the DVR to record and then went to dinner. We eventually caught up to the game when we returned thanks to fast forwarding. Unfortunately we couldn't fast forward through the entire game since Tech played pathetically. Hopefully we'll get back on track this weekend against Miami as this is the BIG game to pretty much determine who will be in the ACC Championship Game from the Coastal Division.

Another bonus this weekend was finally using my fireplace! I built fires on both Saturday and Sunday thanks to the bags o' wood from the grocery store. I'm definitely going to have to find a cheaper source of wood since the grocery store wood is about $1 per log.

3 comments:

Jacs said...

You didn't paint the walls! I thought you were pumped about that!
Jacs

Jacs said...

His sister(Emily) did it. I think it's called smurf or something about being blue.
Jacs

Brian said...

Jacs is correct, my sister painted it at my request for my birthday last year. It's entitled "Dead Smurf on Field" Yes a very strange name.

Also I didn't paint the walls because that requires effort.