Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Broke down busted

On my way back from Carrollton on Sunday I had major transmission issues around Commerce (about 2.5 hrs from home). I knew I was having issues and was planning on getting the transmission fixed when I returned from vacation, unfortunately it broke before I could get it fixed. I was able to limp into a truck stop and hang out for four hours while waiting on my dad to pick me up. He had the good idea of borrowing a trailer from a guy and ended up towing me to Burlington to the transmission shop that rents one of my grandparents' buildings. You're probably thinking, why fix the Explorer since it has 157,000 miles on it? I went through the same thought process and ended up deciding it was best to fix it and drive it until it dies. This was my master plan with the idea of getting something new in about two years before it broke down so might as well follow through.

Here's a camera phone pic of the Explorer on the trailer.

No comments: