Friday, December 29, 2006

Historical Moments

Tonight at 10:05 EST was the end of an era, Saddam was hanged. Regardless of your political stance, views on the war, or Saddam himself this is a big deal. There are few moments in life that are this important. I still remember the first Gulf War and the images of the tracers flying through the night on CNN. I even collected the Gulf War trading cards and have George Bush and Saddam and I think Colin Powell as well. The best card though is "Peace" which features a white dove on a sky blue background. Now it's sixteen years later and I'm watching the CNN coverage of the execution and aftermath. It will be interesting to see how things start unfolding in the Middle East and here at home over the next few days and weeks as a result of the execution.

1 comment:

Jacs said...

And Ford died too this week.

I'll be mourning his death on Tuesday. My boss told me to!

Jacs