Wednesday, April 18, 2007

I'm a Ramblin' Wreck

I had a good post written up but thanks to my TV card my computer froze and I lost it. ARGGHHH! Here's the synopsis of my frozen post.

Tueday night the Triangle Tech Club hosted head football coach Chan Gailey for an evening about Georgia Tech football. We had a great time and turn out with around 60 local alums, spouses, and fans. It was my first opportunity to hear Coach Gailey speak and he's very impressive and sincere. He doesn't always show fire on the field like some coaches but it was evident early on that he has a deep help passion for football and Georgia Tech. The Chalmers came over for a last dose of Tech before their move west, and Katie even won a door prize for being the most recent alum! Another bonus (yes I'm a nerd) of the evening was meeting a couple of Hivers. What's a Hiver? It's a person that frequents the main Georgia Tech sports message board The Hive. They were great guys to talk to about sports and their Tech experience. I took a few pictures for the website, but unfortunately it was too dark in the restaurant and they didn't turn out well at all. I forgot to bump up my ISO so that could have helped but if you have any suggestions on how to improve them please let me know. If you want an overview of Coach Gailey's comments here's a recap thread from the Hive.

Coach Gailey (left) speaking with local alums
Shutter: 1/60 Aperture: 4.0 Focal Length: 28 mm


Shutter: 1/60 Aperture: 5.6 Focal Length: 112 mm (Edited so you can actually see Coach)


Shutter: 0.4 Aperture: 4.5 Focal Length: 60 mm (shot in aperture priority)


Shutter: 0.3 Aperture: 3.5 Focal Length: 28 mm (shot in aperture priority)

No comments: