Sunday, April 29, 2007

Where have I been?

Work has been crazy the past few weeks. Assuming Johan's old projects and working to close one in three weeks while juggling a bunch of new stuff coming in has been a great opportunity but is starting to stress me out. On the positive side I'm starting learn my new developers' personalities and can manage our interactions a little better.

Speaking of work, only Katie and Sarah responded with their Myers-Briggs type. I know there are more of you out there that have taken the assessment. Let's hear it!

Softball on Thursday was fun. I played third base for only the second time in my life (the first was when I was 12 or 13 and our normal third baseman wasn't there. I had three errors that game and quickly resumed my normal first base position) and it went pretty well. I had couple of forces and only bobbled one hot shot. I also went 3 for 3 or 4 for 4 (lost count) and was pretty happy :).

Friday I went to Elon to stay with the G-units so I wouldn't have to get up so early to help Katie with her yardsale. The yardsale was pretty fun and the weather was perfect. Yardsale attendees are crazy. The thing was advertised to start at 8 but they were there by 7:15. Come on people, let us finish setting up and then you can see the entire merchandise.

Today I skipped church and went fishing at Occoneechee Mountain State Natural Area in Hillsborough but didn't catch anything and was frustrated by the foot long bass taunting me in the shallows. I also installed my new fishing rod roof rack which I've had for a few weeks in preparation for the OBX excursion coming up this coming weekend. Below are few pics and the rest are here.

Tomorrow (Monday) I'm driving to Corbin, KY to conduct a site visit for the afforementioned project that has to close in a couple of weeks. It's a 7 hour drive but was way cheaper than the $656 RT plane ticket which required flying to CLT then Knoxville and a 2 hour drive after the flight. I'm hoping to be back in time for softball Tuesday night but we'll see. FYI, Corbin is where KFC started. I may hit up the museum if I have time.



No comments: