Friday, April 13, 2007

Take Me Out to the Ballgame

Last night was opening night for Raleigh's church softball D league and my church, First Presbyterian, took on White Memorial Pres. Presbyterian vs. Presbyterian and like Father vs. Son as FPC founded White Memorial in the early part of the 20th century. Unfortunatly the son won this time 17-9. We didn't play badly, our hits just went right to their players. I had a pretty decent game for the first night of the season. I went 2-3 with two singles, a couple of RBIs, and two runs scored. I played first and caught two popups and almost threw out a runner at home but was just a split second to late with the throw. Unfortunately I had one error on the first throw to first of the game which was bang bang and the ball popped out of the webbing of my glove...argh. On the second run I scored I made it around from first and slid/rolled into home. I don't know how close it would have been because I wasn't watching the ball but I saw the catcher get ready to catch the throw so I went for it and I was safe! It wasn't pretty but I got some props from my teammates for the hustle.

The game was the highlight of the night as just as I was about leave for the game I got in the Explorer, cranked it up, put my foot on the brake pedal and my foot went right to the floor. Not good for business. Something busted in the first front wheel well and brake fluid is all over the tire and ground so it's getting towed thanks to AAA this morning and hopefully will be fixed. I'm very thankful it happened in the parking lot instead of on the road. Who knows what would have happened if I was driving and it happened. I'm really debating now if it's worth spending the money and having a car payment.

1 comment:

Katie said...

We have 2 cars for sale.... not pretty ones but they run well. :):)