Sunday, September 25, 2005

What's up with Brian?

This week was pretty busy at work, which actually was a good thing other than working late a couple of nights. Being busy is better than sitting at my desk being bored with nothing really to do. Anyway, we were busy because we were working on completing our New Markets Tax Credit application which was due on Wednesday at 5. We won't know if we were rewarded our allocation until late spring so after all the build up over the last month with the application it's just a waiting game now.

In other work related news, my business cards came while we were in Charleston. It's kind of cool to have business cards so I can now pass them out. I even put one in the bowl at Moe's to try to win free food. Hopefully I won't get a bunch of spam from them since my e-mail address is on the card. Here's a camera phone pic of my card.

My business card

At work on Wednesday we had our monthly staff meeting during which they mentioned it was my birthday four times. They even had a cake, while a standard practice, was still nice. Here's the half of the cake that was left when I finally had time to eat some on late Wednesday afternoon.

Work birthday cake

Thursday and Friday were relatively uneventful.

Saturday I went to my first GT alumni club event which was a game watching party hosted by one of the Triangle Tech Club members. Unfortunately only 2 of us showed up other than the hostess out of 10 that RSVPed. Although it was a small crowd it was still much better than watching the drubbin by myself. I definitly think I'll try to be involved with the young alum group.

Today was day two of The Great Church Hunt. Last Sunday I visited Hudson Memorial Presbyterian which is about five mins from my apartment. I enjoyed the minister but I didn't really see any young people. Today I decided to visit First Presbyterian Church which is downtown. The church was founded in 1816 and seems to be somewhat similar to NAPC since it's an intown church (it's directly across the street from the state capital). I got a good vibe at First Pres., there were a lot of families with kids in all age ranges but still not really anyone my age that I saw, but I think I may check it out again. The couple that was sitting next to me noticed that I was a visitor (the attendance pad had check boxes for vistor and new resident), and the wife spoke to me quickly as she headed off after the sermon to help with a luncheon and after worship the husband welcomed me and we talked for a few mins. He is on the board of a local nonprofit that does housing development so that was an interesting connection. I plan on continuing my search to hopefully find a congregation with a 20 somethings group, but I really did like First Pres so it'll definitely be up there on the list.

On another note, I've finally posted the camera phone pics and videos from my trip to Charleston. Here are a couple of my favorites. I highly recommend watching the videos, some are boring but others you'll get to see dolphins splashing, a peacock walking around, and me narrating. Enjoy.

Favorite Pics
Photo Gallery
Video Gallery

Finally, my other two celebrity crushes are Ashley Judd and Elisha Cuthbert who is known for such rolls as Popular Mechanics for Kids (good show back in the day) and The Girl Next Door. Hopefully Jac will approve of those. ;)

2 comments:

Katie said...

Fancy fancy! Congrats on entering the real world, business card and all.

Anonymous said...

I approve. And I now know what that first phone photo you sent me was. I saw the chac and that was it. And I was like what the crap is that. I didn't look to hard. Now I realize. I knew what the cake was :-)

Sorry I haven't been able to talk to you alot...mucho work with no sleep :-(

Jacs