Monday, October 10, 2005

Conferences #2 and #3

Tomorrow we're going to Greensboro for the 2005 North Carolina Housing Finance Agency Housing Forum. Should be good to get out of the office even though it'll be a long day leaving at 8 and getting back probably around 7.

Speaking of getting out of the office, I'm going with my boss to Ft. Lauderdale for the BB&T Faith Based Community Development Symposium from Wednesday through Friday. It'll be great to have a 3 day conference/trip to see where I could have ended up instead of Raleigh and hopefully I'll learn some stuff too. Another cool thing is that we're staying in another awesome hotel, the Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa. Like my dad told me yesterday I'm going to get spoiled.

Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa

In other news, Emily is following in my footsteps, well creating her own footsteps and is now a photographer for The Daily Tar Heel. Here is here first published photo.

"Dinner Benefits Hurricane Victims, Spotlights Youth Work"

Saturday Katie, Joel, and I are going to the Tech vs. Duke game in Durham. Hopefully the result will be in our favor unlike two years ago when we went and watched the embarrassment. You should come too.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Oooh, that's the ugly hotel! I remember when they were building it. You can see it from 85, right?

ben said...

I wanna come! Anyone wanna carpoolish?

Brian said...

The hotel in GSO is the ugly hotel on 85 and yes it was where today's conference was held.

Sarah said...

I bet it was fancy though.

Katie said...

tailgate time is coming!!! call me cause we need to arrange details!