Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Fast as Fast Can Be, You Can't Catch Me!

Last night we had a make up double header against Hayes Barton Baptist at 8:30 and 9:30. The umpires suggested we play two games of five innings each since we would have been there all night. FPC returned to the winning track with victories in both games by a good margin! I really don't remember the score but we were in teh teens and they were in the single digits both games. I played first for both games and had a good time. My hitting was pathetic last night, not getting out of the infield at any AB; however, I was able to beat out several of them due to infielder bobbles. This lead to me reaching second twice and scoring once. I also tagged on a dropped fly ball and slid/plopped head first into third to barely beat the throw! Now I have two skinned knees to prove it. I didn't realize they were skinned until I came back to the dugout after our next turn in the field and saw a bunch of blood running down my legs (man that alcohol pad hurt).

Another cool thing was that I actually got some respect from the other team when I came up for my last at bat. As I stepped to the plate one of the guys on the other team yelled to watch out because even though "he's big but he's fast" Oh yeaher! Never heard that one before, but to toot my own horn, I have been able to beat out balls to first quite a few times this season (mostly thanks to bobbles by the fielders) but I think it's the long legs. I laughed when he said that and I immediately proceeded to ground to second and reach first due to a bad play and them not getting the runner going to second.

One more game, 8:30 on Thursday vs. first place Hudson Memorial Presbyterian.

No comments: