Sunday, June 11, 2006

First Harvest

There is something satisfying about growing at least part of one's own meal. Tonight I had my first harvest of basil leaves that I used to make pesto. Before tonight I'd never made pesto before so I've got another recipe under my belt now. It turned out decently well though I'd maybe cut down on the cheese, throw in some lemon juice, cut the pepper, eyeball the olive oil instead of assuming the measurement is correct, and maybe increase the pine nuts next time. I guess it's kind of an experiment. I had the pesto on whole wheat fettucini with the traditional baby carrots (i.e. best invention ever). Pictures are posted below.

Yesterday I golfed with Katie and Joel at Quaker Creek Golf Course in Mebane. It was the second Joel and I played the coure but Katie's first. We walked the 18 in about 5 hours and it was hot but at least there was a breeze. As far as our performance, both Joel and I improved over the last round. I actually shot the best I've ever done, a 108, which averages out to 6 shots/hole or double bogey golf. Joel shot a 114 and Katie, from the white tees, shot a 146. I was pleased with myself, of course the pin placements were a little easier this time and the greens a tad bit slower but it's still nice to see improvement. Post-golf I called my dad and gloated some and warned him that he needs to go to the driving range this week to practice for our round this weekend at the Lion Golf Club in Bremen while I'm home.

Pesto Recipe I used tonight

Pesto Recipe I may try next time

Pesto in my little 3 cup food processor


Mmm, mmm good

No comments: