Monday, June 26, 2006

Weekend

Friday Night: I went to see An Inconvenient Truth with our intern Aubra and a guy I know from planning school in Chapel Hill. I highly recommend seeing this movie.

Saturday: Emily and I went to the G-units for some visiting and dinner.

Sunday: Cleaning and cooking in preparation for The Chalmers who came over to watch the UNC vs. Oregon State baseball game. Unfortunately UNC lost and the series is tied 1-1 with the final game today. We also went to the driving range in the rain. For dinner I made a new bbq recipe, K&J brought homemade baked beans, and for dessert we had peach cornbread trifle. Pretty much we copied the Southern Comfort episode of Good Deal with Dave Lieberman on the Food Network. I liked the cooking method for the bbq as it went faster, but I may go back to my standard rub next time. The peach trifle was good as well even if I don't have a trifle dish. Funny story, last night I made homemade whipped cream for the first time and I tasted it and it was really plain so I looked back at the recipe and realized that I was supposed to add vanilla and sugar to the cream. DUH! So I added them and it was pretty good. Oh yeah and I found $5.

This week may be a slow posting week, sorry, since our company's annual conference is Wednesday and Thursday and tomorrow we're having our first annual golf outing (hopefully we won't get rained out).

No comments: