Friday, December 08, 2006

Going Bananas

Last night I watched a DVRed episode of my favorite cooking show Good Eats that comes on the Food Network. The episode was entitled "Going Bananas" and as you could probably guess was all about bananas. One Alton Brown's recipes was for Bananas Foster and very tasty dessert I first had in Woodruff Dining Hall at Tech. I tried to make it once before and it turned out very poorly and I've wanted to give it another shot and being able to watch it on TV helped. Tonight I gave it a second attempt and it was much improved, still not as good as I remember from Woody's but still good. I even turned off the kitchen light when I ignited the rum and I'm glad I didn't burn the apartment down because it produced a flame probably a foot and a half tall. Bananas Foster can be eaten alone but you can't beat it over ice cream, especially the carmalized bits of sugar that form when the sauce hits the cold ice cream.

If you want to give it a shot here's the recipe: Alton Brown's Bananas Foster

No comments: