Monday, December 11, 2006

"You are right to envy me..."

...that's how one of Monet's love letters to his significant other started in reference to being on the coast of France during one of his painting excursions. On Saturday the Chalmers, Emily (not my sister, Katie's former roommate), and I went to the see the much talked about Monet in Normandy exhibit at the NC Museum of Art and it lived up to all expectations. We were glad to have ordered tickets earlier in the week as the exhibit was sold out Saturday and it was definitely crowded which was my only complaint. Another interesting thing was that for the impresionistic paintings of Monet, it was better to stand back about thirty feet and look at the painting, it really helps all the smatterings of paint blend together. If you have the opportunity to see Monet's work I highly recommend checking it out.

No comments: