Monday, December 18, 2006

Music

Yesterday was the the annual music service at First Presbyterian and it didn't disappoint. I wasn't into the selections as much this year but it was still great. The choir was accompanied by a brass ensemble, some percussionists, but no strings this time. I was sitting there tapping my feet and playing the timpani parts the entire service. The last piece lasted probably at least ten minutes and it had my heart beating quickly. It's amazing how music can make you react and put you in mood, in this case a great mood. When listening to music like that I like to close my eyes so I can concentrate more but I figured that might not be so good in church as people may think I had fallen asleep. I need to go back to the symphony.

In other news, Saturday I went to a great Christmas party given by Emily (not sister) and her roommates. I didn't know anyone there and that was quite the change but it was good to get out and socialize.

No comments: