Thursday, July 20, 2006

Fun Day!

As you probably know by now if you regularly read my blog, my company has a Fun Committee that plans events for the staff to participate in every couple of months. Yesterday the office was closed for the afternoon and we all headed to Frankie's Fun Park for some good times. I was excited as I've been wanting to go to Frankie's since I discovered it. The bonus was that the company paid for four attractions and $2.50 worth of video games for everyone. I played a round of mini golf, two go kart races, and a rousing game of guys vs. girls laser tag all of which was very fun. It's interesting to see who the competitive people are and how they think when they're in situations like that. We smoked the girls team in laser tag, outscoring them 40,000 something to like 10,000. The company president/ceo had the highest score because he just sat near the girls team base and shot they're target which was worth more points than people. Pretty smart, so I started doing it too. :)

One of the video games is a big trivia setup that allows six people to play at a time by answering a multiple choice question, speed and accuracy are the keys. The first game we played I blew everyone out of the water which I think frustrated the other five players who are all older by probably twenty-plus years. With my bounty of 90 tickets from that game I bought a Frankie's shot glass for 50 and gave the other tickets away to a family with a young child. It was nice to have the company pay for the games since each attraction is $6/person; that would quickly add up if you took your kids there plus video games. I'd say it's worth the trip out there if anyone ever comes to visit and wants to play some laser tag or other games.

1 comment:

Paul said...

That is amazingly cool, what kind of company do you work for? I wish mine would do that :-p

I hope the Brian is well.