Saturday, July 15, 2006

Second Harvest

I've grown tired recently of just cooking for myself (it's much more fun and enjoyable to cook for/with somebody) but I think I'm back in the mood with tonight's culinary adventure. For dinner I had grilled chicken with Emeril's Italian Seasoning and a pesto pasta salad recipe I saw online that turned out to be great. For dessert I made a strawberry granita (like a strawberry snow cone) and flambé strawberries that I saw on Take Home Chef on TLC. It all turned out great and I didn't burn down the apartment when I flambed the strawberries. The strawberry flambé requires cognac so I bought some Courvoisier VS today (cue Busta Rhymes), man that's some strong stuff, but it combined well with the strawberries.











In other observations, my grandparents always watch the Lawrence Welk Show on PBS every Saturday so I flipped it on tonight and saw a funny occurence. The had a "tag dance" which meant that ladies in the audience formed a line to dance with Lawrence Welk while the band played. One lady would dance for a few bars and the next tapped his shoulder to cut in and so on. You'd think this would work well and it did for about two or three ladies but then somebody skipped the line and came from the other side of the stage and cut in, from there it was a free for all. It was apparent who were the aggressive women and who were the more polite or timid. I thought it was all kind of funny. Then after the song ended a girl asked Lawrence Welk if she could dance with the guitar player from the band, the girl looked to be in high school as did the guitar player. When they started dancing it was another free for all even with old ladies. That kid didn't know what was going on and had a smile from ear to ear. Funny stuff. Below is a screen cap of the dancing.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally was watching that Take Home Chef on Friday Night just like you did I'd assume.

Jacs

Melissa said...

I remember watching the Laurence Welk Show when I was really little and my mom cutting my hair or putting it in curlers for Sunday morning. I loved the bubbles.

Brian said...

I'm not sure when I watched it, I watched it on the DVR. Maybe Friday night though since I did the cooking on Saturday.

No bubbles on this Lawrence Welk episode.

Anonymous said...

I didn't watch it until I went to visit my grandma in her nursing home. And my mom and my aunt started dancing and singing the song and I looked at them like they were crazy.

supposedly my grandma and grandfather used to watch it all the time when it was new.

Jacs