Saturday, July 29, 2006

What tha?

Yesterday I was planning a trip to Auburn, AL for work and was looking at flights on Orbitz and there are three options for getting to Auburn from Raleigh, you have to fly through either Charlotte, Memphis, or Atlanta in route to Montgomery then drive an hour to get to Auburn. So I posed the options to the guy I'm traveling with and we selected the Memphis route on Northwest because it offered the best times and wasn't too expensive, $177/person/roundtrip. As I was calculating travel times to decided on a meeting time I checked the actual Northwest website and saw that the price was listed as $866. What tha!?! Yeah in the 15 minutes I was checking flights, dicussing options, and filling out my travel request form and getting ready to call the developers to confirm the price jump to almost $700. Needless to say I didn't book any flights yesterday. Argh.

The second incident of the day occurred on the driving range after work. I was hitting my driver and during one swing about half through my large bucket of balls I hit the ball and saw the ball and my club head bounding down the range and landing right next to the 75 yard marker. Kind of funny and embarrassing but luckily nobody saw it happen. I just left the club head out there since I didn't want to make everyone stop hitting so I could run and get it. Another "what tha?!?" moment. Now I'm going to buy a new driver this morning in preparation for the two work golf outings this week!

Oh yeah and North Raleigh has a paucity of soccer fields. My new soccer ball arrived this week and I wanted to go kick around this morning so I left around 7:30 in hopes of finding a vacanct field and the one I went to first already had an organized game on going. Then I tried every park I know about in a 10 minute drive and if you want to play baseball or softball you're in luck but no soccer fields or even open unprogrammed space. I'll have to do some research and ask around work

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I broke my 5 iron in high school...on the driving range with everybody watching. We actually broke quite a few clubs among everyone, drivers are the worst.