Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Done!

For the past month or so my boss, a coworker, our intern, and I have been plugging through this year's application for a $50 million allocation of New Markets Tax Credits and we finally finished yesterday at 3:30 beating the 5:00 online submission deadline of 5:00 (It was originally due last Wednesday at 5 but the submission site was down so it was extended a week giving time for many more revisions). It's been a lot of work but a great learning experience. Putting it in the school context it was nice to have good group members.

I was thinking about it last night, and the last two weeks have involved working late usually to 6 or 7 and sometimes to 8 (not really late for a lot of people but later than my normal time of 4:30) which was eriely similar to dead week and finals week at Tech. The focus on one thing for so long is something I haven't experienced in quite awhile and the sense of relief that it is done has started to come over me. Unfortunately we won't find out if we are awarded the allocation until early fall. My boss is taking today off and I considered it but I may just leave early this afternoon. Today is going to feel like going 90 to nothing; I'll have to shift gears and get back in the normal work groove.

If you're curious as to what New Markets Tax Credits a presentation from one of the consultants we've used to help review drafts of our application is linked below. The NMTC programs is different from the Low Income Housing Tax Credits we usually deal with in that it's for commercial development in disadvantaged communities and we apply for the credits instead of the developer.

NMTC Presentation

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yay for being done with big projects!
Jacs