Monday, March 05, 2007

Weekend

This weekend my dad came up to visit since my uncle was also in town. They're both starting to try to get my grandparents to do some better financial planning and getting things in order as their health is unfortunately starting to grow worse. They've always been pretty tight lipped about their financial state and rental properties but it's time that some knowledge be imparted so when the time comes for the family to start taking care of things we know their wishes and what needs to be done.

In more positive news, dad and I golfed yesterday morning at Brevofield in Wake Forest. It was a beautiful morning but very blustery which made it coooolllddd. We both didn't play badly but I lost yet again 108 to 111. Overall my driving was much improved thanks to some tweeks I made on the range last weekend and I didn't have any double digit scores until I fell apart on 14 and 15. I even had a couple of greens in regulation (two shots to the green on par four, three shots on par five) which was a big improvement!

After golfing we headed back to my apartment to kill some time before hitting up the Breir Creek Carolina Ale House for Tech vs. BC and UNC vs. Duke game watching. Six Tech alums showed up for our game but since we were going up against the big game they only put our game on one small tv out of the thirty or so they had, but we still had a good time and Tech won. I think we're in the tournament now with a .500 record in the ACC and 20 wins.

No comments: