Saturday, March 03, 2007

Beesketball

It's been a busy couple of weeks (I'll post more on Tuesday after the big project is done) but there's been some fun mixed in. First the symphony on Sunday and then I received an e-mail on Wednesday saying that the six seed Tech women's bball team had extra tickets reserved for local alums for the ACC tournament. What's better than getting to see Tech sports? Getting to see Tech sports in awesome seats for free! I jumped on the offer and the Chalmers and I headed west to Greensboro Thursday and Friday nights.

The first round game was against eleven seed Miami and we dominated the game leading to the team's 20th win. Unfortunately, the great play didn't carry over to Friday night and fatigue from the first game started to show. Maryland definitely deserved their ranking of three and dominated the paint. On top of MD's play the refs seemed to be completely against us. Coach Joseph got a T and we made sure to ride the refs most of the second half which was pretty easy from the first row behind the bench.

Thursday was my first Tech women's bball game and Friday was my second, now I wish I'd gone while in school. Unfortunately the crowds were sparse for both games but the parents were out in force and thanked us for coming. On top of the good time I finally got to wear my "bee" shorts I posted about a couple of weeks ago.

Here are some camera phone pics from Thursday's game:





Friday's game:



2 comments:

Jacs said...

Me and the history channel distracted you...that's why you couldn't post more muwhahahaa!
Jacs

Melissa said...

Lol...glad you found an appropriate place to wear your bee shorts. In high school I always liked the girls games better than the guys, in some ways they're more intense. The guys were good, but those girls meant business.