Monday, March 26, 2007

Weekend Update

The weekend started off pretty well. Had dinner with Emily A. at Stonewood Grill in North Raleigh. It was good to go out and do something and I had a great blackened mahi mahi. Saturday morning was the first FPC softball practice of the season and it was a great. We have two more practices and then games on Tuesdays and Thursdays at Lions Park inside the beltline beginning April 12. Saturday afternoon was when the weekend went downhill and became incredibly frustrating as a sports fan.

Tech beesball played a three game series at Duke this weekend. On Friday they eeked out a victory in the 9th inning. On Saturday I attended with the Chalmers and watched as we left runner after runner on base and lost 4-0. A bonus was that Coach Hall stopped to speak with the Tech fans for a few minutes after the game even though we lost. A downside was that my high school's stadium is better than Duke's.

Sunday afternoon was even worse than Saturday...Carolina lost to Carolina. UNC beat themselves only making 2 of their last 23 shots in the second half and overtime. They ddn't even score in OT until there were only sight seconds left. I can't imagine how frustrated the team must feel. I'm frustrated because Kansas and UNC lost and now my formerly first place brackets are busted. Argh!

I've got some pictures from Saturday and will post them later after I have a chance to resize them.

1 comment:

Jacs said...

Ben has all the final 4 teams and I only have one. Oh well.