Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Randomness

Last Friday I took the afternoon off to watch the Tech vs. UNLV first round tournament game and unfortunately Tech didn't even show up for the game and played pathetically. Hopefully we can turn it around next year if Javaris and Thaddeus don't to the NBA. In my absence Friday afternoon, a coworker moved all of the chairs from our department's conference room into another coworker's office that was out as well. Yesterday when I arrived at work I found my office stuffed with chairs thanks to the previous victim who came in over the weekend and thought I had put the chairs in his office. Well what do we do? We put them all in the original culprit's office. Booyah!

My Office



Reading the online AJC yesterday I found an interesting poll they are doing online to pick the Braves All-Era team, i.e. the best players from 1991-2005. I posted on the Hive and several people posted YouTube highlights of the magical '91-'92 worst to first season; who knew YouTube was around back then ;).

AJC Poll - Braves All-Era Team

My team is below:

Catcher: Javy Lopez, though Greg Olsen is a favorite
1st Base: Fred "Crime Dog" McGriff
2nd Base: Mark Lemke
3rd Base: Chipper Jones
Shortstop: Jeff Blauser (had a hard time with this one but went with the feel good choice)
Top Pitcher (Top 5 make roster): Tom Glavine
Top Closer: Mark Wohlers
Top Outfielder (Top 3 make roster): Andruw Jones

Braves Glory Days



I don't know what's more strange, the background music is Yanni or that I know that it's Yanni. That hit by Francisco Cabrerra and slide by Sid Bream still gives me chills.

No comments: