Friday, September 22, 2006

Ramblin' Gamblin' Hell of an Engineer

Thursday night I headed to Chammps at Triangle Town Center for the Triangle Tech Club game watching party for Tech vs. UVA. Unfortunately only five of us showed up but it was still a great time socializing and comparing our experiences while watching Tech beat the Hoos 24 to 7. One of the attendees is now in the Textile Engineering masters program at State and came in and graduated at the same time as I did (1999-2003) which was pretty cool. It also turns out that we were probably in the same calculus class freshman year and a pretty similar experience in calc and CS (booo hiss). She may have even been in the intro to textiles class with Josh. It is a small world.

In other news, kind of big news, I closed my first deal today! It's been awhile in the making and should have closed in May but due to some difficult negotiations and other issues it dragged on until now. The project is 64 apartment units in Greensboro which are affordable to those making 60% or less of the area median income which in Guilford County is $56,400. Our equity in the deal is a little over $4 million. It's pretty neat and kind of mind blowing to have just turned 26 and to be responsible for managing millions of dollars in equity for affordable housing. I know I had a smile on my face and a bounce in my step today.

No comments: