Saturday, September 30, 2006

Mmm...Beefy

Since today is Saturday that means it was time to try something new for dinner. I caught some of Good Deal with Dave Lieberman today on the Food Network and thought his meal would be worth trying. The episode was entitled "Rush Hour" due to being able to make it quickly not so much with the type of food. The entree was London broil and the sides were cheese grits and grilled vegetable skewers and crepes for desert. I ended up skipping the vegetable skewers and had a salad instead.

Until tonight I'd never attempted London broil before but it turned out well. I was able to use my grill pan again and did my prep work of unplugging the smoke detector and opening the porch screen door and a couple of windows and I still successfully smoked up the entire apartment. One day I'll have a stove that actually vents to the outside and won't have this problem. All of the food turned out great and the crepes with Nutella and strawberries were much improved over the first and last time I tried to make them. I also bought a four pack of the mini cabernet sauvignon bottles but it wasn't too good so I just had water. Below are a few of the obligatory pics and the links to the recipes.

Recipes



No comments: