Monday, September 25, 2006

Sunday Sunday Sunday

Yesterday I skipped church to head to my grandparents for the afternoon since it had been about a month since I'd seen them. They seemed to be doing well. I also picked a plethora of apples and pears from the trees in their backyard. If you're reading this and are in the area and want some organic (no pesticides or fertilizers) apples or pears let me know.

I also stopped by REI yesterday and bought a new tent after months of pondering since my Sierra Designs Clip Flashlight was destroyed in super winds at Stone Mountain State Park earlier this year (see previous post). I ended up setting up a couple of tents that I'd scoped out online and finally decided on the Sierra Designs Omega. It's a two person, three to four season convertible tent. Essentially that means it has an extra pole that strengthens the tent but can also be left behind if not needed to reduce weight. It also has zip out panels that cover mesh to increase ventilation. I'm hoping to get to use in mid-October when I'm headed west for a service day at Camp Challenge with some folks from work.

No comments: